The new Mauritius 2016/17 budget has introduced a range of VAT changes – although the standard VAT rate of 15% remains unchanged.
The principle changes include:
- Relief at VAT deregistration for VAT claimed in prior periods
- B2B Services supplied by non-resident suppliers are now subject to 15% VAT
- VAT remittances should now be electronic wires
- VAT is due at the time of supply rather than the time of invoicing if materially difference
- Goods removed from the VAT net include: 3D printing; cereals; video camera; hospital furniture; and autobus manufacturing