The Swiss Parliament has ratified a number of changes to the VAT Act, effective 1 January 2018.
- Applying the reduced 2.5% VAT rate to online media
- The place of supply for domestic electricity, gas and telephony becomes the residency of the consumer
- Introduction of a CHF 100,000 VAT registration threshold for branches of public authorities supplying other public bodies
- Withdrawals of the CHF 100,000 VAT registration for non-resident service providers (1 January 2018)
- Real estate option to tax invoices requires that the VAT number of the provider and the VAT calculation to be clearly shown
- Changes to the VAT calculation on the art and antiques sales margin scheme