Transactional Indirect Tax Summit 2017
- Tue 3rd Oct 2017
- 8:30 am - 2:00 pm BST
- Ham Yard Hotel, 1 Ham Yard, London W1D 7DT, United Kingdom
Cross-border tax compliance explained
Avalara’s free annual tax summit is back in London on the 3rd October and we would love to see you there!
If you are a business selling cross-border then this is the must attend event. You will hear the latest on the ever-changing tax landscape, from Brexit and Custom Union updates, through to making tax digital. We will also talk you through what to expect from the introduction of VAT in the GCC and how SII could affect your business.
Previous summit attendees of include tax analysts, accountants, CPAs, directors, controllers, CEOs and other c-level executives.
The Transactional Indirect Tax Summit 2017 has been given official CPD accreditation by the CPD Service, delegates will be awarded 4 points for attending.
Hear how industry leaders are managing their international growth, avoiding compliance pitfalls, and staying ahead of the tax man!
Andy Hewitt – Head of Tax | ASOS
Taxing e-commerce ‘a retailers perspective’
- Andy will be taking a look at some of the practical considerations and issues faced by on-line retailers as they deal with the struggles that different jurisdictions have with taxing e-commerce.
Philippe Norré – Head of Indirect Tax, Tax Reporting Strategy & Technology for Bahrain and Qatar | KPMG
The introduction of VAT in the GCC
- Philippe will be discussing the impact of the implementation of VAT in all 6 GCC States which comes into effect from the 1st January 2018.
Richard Asquith – VP Global Indirect Tax | Avalara
International VAT update
- Customs Union and Brexit
- New VAT regimes
- Split payments and other anti-fraud measures
Colin Matthews – Solution Consultant | Avalara
- The effect of VAT fraud on Member State VAT revenue
- Emergency measures introduced to tackle VAT fraud
- The Action Plan for VAT and what it will mean for VAT fraud
Kid Misso – Senior Director of Solution Consulting | Avalara
Digital tax revolution
- An update of the global trend towards real-time, electronic transactional reporting
- How can organisations prepare to meet these obligations
- What Avalara is doing to help our customers support the digital tax revolution
On the day we will be holding workshops, covering VAT and sales tax automation solutions. This will give you a chance to get hands-on and find out how automating your tax processes could save you time and money. If you would like to attend a workshop watch out for future emails about how to register.
We look forward to seeing you on the 3rd October.
Register below to attend our free summit
Please register for the event by completing the form below. Please be advised that seating is limited and allocated on a first come first served basis.
|Registration - tea, coffee, breakfast||8:30 am||9:00 am|
|Welcome, Customs Union and Brexit update – Richard Asquith | Avalara||9:00 am||9:30 am|
|VAT Fraud – Colin Mathews | Avalara||9:30 am||10:00 am|
|How Spanish SII has affected business||10:00 am||10:30 am|
|The introduction of VAT in the GCC – Philippe Norré | KPMG||10:30 am||11:00 am|
|Tea, coffee break||11:00 am||11:30 am|
|Digital tax revolution – Kid Misso | Avalara||11:30 am||12:00 pm|
|Taxing e-commerce 'a retailers perspective' – Andy Hewitt | ASOS||12:00 pm||12:30 pm|
|Replacing the spreadsheet||12:30 pm||1:00 pm|
|Lunch||1:00 pm||1:45 pm|
|Workshops: AvaTax, VAT Reporting||1:45 pm||3:45 pm|
Transactional Indirect Tax Summit 2017Ham Yard Hotel
1 Ham Yard
London W1D 7DT