Italian electronic invoicing (SdI)
From the 1 January 2019 Italy will introduce mandatory electronic sales invoice issuance and reporting. All relevant invoices must be issued and submitted to the Italian Revenue Agency’s e-invoicing platform, Sistema di Interscambio (SdI).
Join Riccardo De Meis Cassisa, Agenzia delle Entrate, with Richard Asquith and Kid Misso, Avalara, on the 5thDecember at 10:30 GMT to learn about the 2019 new electronic SdI VAT invoice rules and solutions.
- 1 January 2019: electronic VAT invoice reporting, via the tax authorities, for most companies
- Invoices must be submitted for pre-approval with the Italian tax authorities SdI platform
- Only once SdI verifies the invoice, will it forward to the customer for payment
- Staged, soft-landing for 2019
- The Spesometro return will be replaced by the Esterometro submission
The new invoice reporting obligation is designed to reduce errors and prevent VAT fraud. Italy’s VAT Gap – the difference between forecast revenues versus actual take – is by far the largest in Europe. It accounts for 23% of the EU estimated €151.5 billion VAT missing in Europe.