Wayfair versus South Dakota: the implications for EMEA based distance sellers
Avalara and PwC will be talking about the implications of the recent Wayfair versus South Dakota Supreme Court ruling for European distance sellers who export to the United States.
Two leading tax experts, Rob Morse from PwC and Jake Estes from Avalara will provide an overview of the case and the practical steps European businesses need to take to ensure they are fully compliant with the changing sales tax landscape.
This webinar is ideal for businesses who are involved in distance selling into the US.
In this webinar Rob Morse, Tax Director at PwC will provide an overview and address the following points:
- Whether remote sellers need to register and file sales tax in more US States
- Which States are following South Dakota’s lead?
- How to determine whether you’re on the hook for sales tax based on where you conduct business
Jake Estes, Manager, Tax Technology Solutions (EMEA), Avalara will discuss the practicalities of achieving sales tax compliance, focusing on the following points:
- The challenges of achieving sales tax compliance in the US
- Why companies should automate sales tax
- The compliance solution landscape