Slovak VAT changes 2015
Wed 16th Jul 2014
31 July 2014 UPDATE – the below changes have now been approved, and will come into force on 1 January 2015.
The Slovak parliament has approved a number of changes to the VAT Act. These include:
- Confirmation that the 2011 temporary Slovak VAT increase to 20% will in fact now be confirmed for the long term
- The deadline for the submission of recapitulative filings has been moved from 20 days to 25 days.
- Companies may switch to quarterly recapitulative reporting if their annual sales are below Eur 50,000 per annum
- Changes to the place of supply for the 2015 B2C broadcast, telecoms and electronic services in accordance with the EU changes. From the 1 January, such services will be taxable in the location of the consumer instead of where the provider is located.
- Associated with the above change, the creation of an online portal for Slovak business providing electronic services to consumers in other EU countries. This will enable the companies to report the VAT levied and collected for each country through the single mechanism. This system, known as the Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS), is being implemented in all other 27-member states.