Tanzania VAT changes
Thu 2nd Jul 2015
The updated Tanzanian VAT Act will extend VAT to a new range of supplies. The current Tanzanian VAT rate is 18%.
- Non-life insurance is no longer VAT exempt
- Exports are now fully VAT exempt
- Exemptions have been extended to a range of agricultural goods and supplies, education, health care and other services
- A system of import VAT deferment for imported capital goods has been introduced
- Digital and electronic services provided to consumers are now subject to VAT. This includes apps, games, software and fees to membership-based sites.
[button_icon icon=”none” url=”/about-us/contact-us/?description=Body,firstname.lastname@example.org”]Click for free VAT & GST news[/button_icon]